Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My Father's Wives

Mike Greenberg's My Father's Wives is the second novel by Greenberg, whose first, All You Could Ask For, is one I enjoyed previously.




Overall, Greenberg's novel was an enjoyable read and I am always pleasantly surprised by the fact that Greenberg is so capable at writing women's fiction.

My Father's Wives follows Jonathan Sweetwater a man who is just turning forty and is not only a very successful businessman, but is also a very happily married father of two. 

All of this changes one day as he arrives home early from work and believes he sees his wife and another man through the keyhole in the guest bedroom.  Never actually seeing the woman's face, he turns and leaves his home, never confronting his wife.

Going to his mother for advice, Jonathan begins a period of self discovery, going to talk to the women his father was married to after he divorced Jonathan's mother.  Because the two never had contact after Jonathan's ninth birthday and his father is no longer alive, these women are the one link to his dad and the only way he can find out more about this man.

Greenberg's novel was easy to read and get into.  I enjoyed the writing style, yet felt the issue of Jonathan's wife's fidelity wasn't entirely resolved, leaving me wanting more.  There weren't any big a-ha moments, yet the book was an enjoyable fast read, and kept me entertained.






My Father's Wives was sent me for review by Trish at TLC Book Tours.  I was not paid for my review, and my opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Ti said...

Everybody seems to be talking about this one but yours is the first actual review I've read. Thank you! I will pass on it.

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this book overall. Thanks for being a part of the tour.