Sunday, December 14, 2014



Could I be suffering from the holiday blahs? The winter doldrums?  Maybe the flu bug took more out of me than I thought. I have consistently started books and put them down all week. I just have not been very interested in what I am reading at all. This is helpful because at least I am knocking a few books of the TBR piles without spending too much time on any one of them.  However, I would love to find a great book I can really get into.

This weekend has been very low key.  I ordered my last Christmas present today and am crossing my fingers that it will arrive for the holiday.

We need groceries, but I'm not feeling like heading to the grocery store at all and figure we have enough food around here that I should be able to come up with something for us to eat.

Although the temperatures are in the low 50s, it is very gray, overcast and foggy.  The rest of the family is watching the Packers play, and Little Sister is doing my hair while I type.  

Last night I watched the movie Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. I had never seen it before and I so rarely see movies that it was enjoyable to relax and watch a holiday movie with Middle Sister.


Little Sister aka Jingle Bell, the Reindeer


This is the last full week of school before the holidays. We don't get out until after next Tuesday which seems a little incredible, but truly the holidays are right around the corner.

What are your Sunday plans?  Are you ready for the holidays?

2 comments:

Ti said...

Not quite ready for the holidays. I need a new sweater, ahem, and I need stocking stuff and I am looking all over for a cute bedding set with a Paris theme or maybe just a cute color scheme.

The mall did me in this weekend. I never want to go back. I may run to the bookstore tonight while the girl is in rehearsal. Maybe.

Ti said...

Oh, and I wanted to say, I saw Four Christmases in the theater when it came out and almost walked out. So much bickering. That is what I remember at the time. We watched The Family Stone one night and Elf the next. I have a slew I need to get to.