Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Salon: The Three Day Weekend



So maybe at your house it never feels like things are spiraling out of control, but that's a bit what I've felt like as the school year begins and the house gets messier and no one can find the clothes they want to wear, and we try to come up with something for supper at the last minute, and then dash off to soccer practice. When we get up in the morning we are barely ready in time to get on the bus, and the rat race continues.

What I'm trying to say is that this three day weekend comes at the perfect time so that I can try to get us on track and feeling organized.

I have a totally organized pantry, every stitch of clothing washed and folded, and soon-to-be vacuumed carpets.  Tomorrow the girls will have to clean their rooms and I am going to make a few food items to get us through the week.  And on Tuesday, I will be ready to go back to work.  Doesn't that sound good?  Hopefully things won't be going to hell in a hand basket by Tuesday night.

I can't believe it's almost September already.  This weekend we have had hot and humid weather and it feels wonderful.  I'm not ready to think about cold weather yet.

Little Sister celebrated birthday #8. My in-laws got her another American girl doll and we bought her a bow and arrow that she is just dying to use. 




In celebration of her birthday we went out to Old Chicago and then went bowling last night.

Tonight we'll be eating her Oreo ice cream cake from Dairy Queen an celebrating for another day.

I've got a few books I've managed to get done in the midst of my attempt at organizing my life, and would love to sit down with my Kindle tonight.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Ti said...

And once again, I have no food in my house. I swear. I spend hundreds on food each week and my kids clean me out. Constant eaters, they are.