Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Restaurant Good

My husband is a picky eater.  Many times I have tried recipes that I think are quite tasty, only to have him give it a "meh" rating.

Last night I decided to try a recipe from Janssen at Everyday Reading.  My husband loved it. In fact, he declared it "restaurant good."



I know I deviated a bit from Janssen's recipe, but it was still amazing.

1 turkey ring sausage, cut
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
1/2 c. half and half
10 oz. tortellini (I think I used more)
garlic
salt and pepper
chopped fresh spinach

In a pan, warm olive oil and add sausage slices to brown.  Add minced garlic (Janssen used garlic cloves).
Add cans of tomatoes and half and half. Simmer. Add tortellini and cover. Cook about 10 minutes until tortellini is soft.
Add fresh chopped spinach, salt and pepper to taste, and serve.

This was a great meal - but very spicy!  My daughters tried a bite, but couldn't handle the spices.  I like spicy things as does my husband, so we loved it.  I think the spiciness came from the tomatoes so perhaps next time if I want my children to eat it, I will have to look for a more mild version.


No comments: