Monday, February 24, 2014

What I Cooked This Weekend Without a Kitchen

There are plenty of days I don't feel like cooking, but not having a kitchen these past few weeks has made me long to do some cooking and baking.  We have had many frozen pizzas, subs from Subway, and White Castle burgers.  So today I got out my crockpot and made a recipe that my sister-in-law shared with me.


I'm not really sure what this recipe is called, but to me it is a knock-off of Beef Stroganoff.

2 packages beef stew meat
1 envelope French Onion Soup mix
1 envelope beef gravy mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can ginger ale/Sprite

Put all ingredients in crockpot and simmer.

Serve over egg noodles.

The meal was fast, easy and tasty, which is what I am going for at this point.
The picture above is extra classy since I served everyone on paper plates or bowls. The girls only complained for a few moments about this meal, which is an improvement for them, and they did eat their entire plateful - making it good enough to make again.

1 comment:

Ti said...

You can't go wrong with beef and mushroom soup. Plus, it's nice to have something home cooked for once. I always wish we could eat out more, but when I do, like during production week, I long for home cooked food.